The following information relates to warranties offered by Machinery Direct. Please read all information carefully, and should you have any questions relating to any aspect of this section, please contact Machinery Direct. By purchasing an item from Machinery Direct, you hereby agree to all terms and conditions of warranty as set out herein.
Validity of Claims
Warranties are only valid to original purchaser of the item in question and are valid from the pickup date only. For future warranty claim, please provide copy of original invoice. Warranties are not transferable under any circumstances. All trailers we provide are covered by 12 months warranty. Machinery Direct comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The benefits within our Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law in relation to this products. This warranty does not apply if the damage occurs because of:
- Fair wear & tear
- Misuse, neglect or abuse
- Storm damage or other acts of Nature
- Unauthorized repairs made or attempted
Please note that there is no warranty applicable on: Tyres, Rims or Wheel bearings, Straps and General consumables (eg, light bulbs, LED strips, water pump, and jockey wheel). Wheel Nuts may loosen after the first few kilometers of use and must be checked and re-tightened if necessary. All third party work must be authorized by Machinery Direct. Any warranty claim must be submitted in writing accompanied by photographs of the defective part. All shipping charges for the return of faulty products must be paid for by the customer. Please do not return goods without our written authority to do so. Machinery Direct covers the original machinery ONLY. It does not cover the following Items:
- Appliances and equipment which are not manufactured or supplied by Machinery Direct (for example: Battery, Inverter or customer modifications) are covered by the warranty of such items for the term offered by the manufacturer of such items.
- Any defect resulting from fitting or installation of any accessories or options such as an altered tool box or other items after the machinery has left the premises of Machinery Direct.
- Any rectification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or Federal legislation which occurs after manufacture of the recreation vehicle.
- Any consequential damages or repair work necessitated due to continued usage or towing after a defect has, or should have, become apparent to the purchaser or user.
- Any accommodation or re-location expenses including fuel/freight. Loss of earnings or rents or other costs incurred before or whilst repairs under this warranty are being affected.
Machinery Warranty ( Wheel Loaders, Forklifts, Skid Steer Loaders, Excavators )
Standard Warranty Parts & Labour Covers the balance of the machine for a period of 12 months from delivery date excluding normal replaceable items including filters, oils, lubricants, clutches, brake discs and linings. It also excludes all canopies, belts, hoses, glass and light bulbs. It also excludes parts covered by component manufacturer warranty such as batteries, tyres, pumps and injectors.
What is Not Warranted (Exclusions)? Pursuant to the terms of this warranty, Machinery Direct IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Used Equipment.
- Any Equipment that has been altered or modified in a manner not approved by Machinery Direct.
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or lack of reasonable and proper maintenance.
- Normal maintenance parts and service, including but not limited to: belts, brake and clutch linings, oil, filters (air, fuel, oil), coolants, conditioners, lubricants, pre-heater plugs, light bulbs, cutting parts (blades, teeth, and chains), bucket teeth, drive chains, and clutch discs.
- Engine fuel injection system pump, injector nozzles, and high pressure lines.
- Defects caused by user negligence or failure to comply with the owner’s operators manual.
- Defects caused by misuse or abuse, including but not limited to use of Equipment: (i) beyond stated or reasonable specifications or tolerances, (ii) contrary to the terms of the owner’s manual, (iii) or contrary to the Equipment’s intended purposes.
- Defects caused by the use of unapproved attachments or implements.
- Costs of repairs or replacements made by anyone other than an authorized Machinery Direct dealer.
- Costs of parts cleaning, adjustments, service calls, diagnostics, and clean up.
- Tyres, tubes, batteries, and radios
- Window and door glass and mirrors.
- Freight charges on replacement parts.
- Addition or replacement of chemical weight materials.
- Damage or defects caused by accident, theft, fire, flood, vandalism, or an act of God.
- Costs of rental of replacement equipment during the repair period.
- Equipment which has been declared a total loss and subsequently salvaged.
- Overtime labor charges.
- Transportation of Equipment and travel time (including mileage).
- Any failure or defect not caused by a defect in workmanship or materials.
Termination of Warranty. This warranty terminates and is voided immediately upon the occurrence of any of the following:
- Use of starting fluid or ether to start or run the engine.
- Use of any replacement part that is not a genuine Manufacturers brand or authorized part.
- Any adjustment of the injection pump fuel delivery system.
- Failure to timely and completely perform regular maintenance and service as prescribed by the operator’s manual during the warranty term.
- Misuse or abuse of Equipment, including but not limited to use of Equipment: (i) beyond stated or reasonable specifications or tolerances, (ii) contrary to the terms of the owner’s manual, or (iii) contrary to the Equipment’s intended purposes.